Wills & Estates
Preparation of your last will and testament is a critical step for estate distribution in accordance with your wishes. Although planning for your estate may seem like a daunting process, our experienced lawyers can advise you of the necessary steps you need to take to ensure your assets are properly taken care of and your family’s future is protected.
In order to make estate planning easier for you, we will assist you in identifying your assets, guide you in deciding on your heirs and choosing the right personal representative to help with the distribution of your estate once you have deceased.
What our Estate Lawyers Will Cover
Our Calgary Estates lawyers can cover the following legal issues:
- Wills: legal document which states how your estate should be distributed upon your death
- Enduring Power of Attorney: allowing someone to act on your behalf with respect to your financial affairs should you become incapacitated.
- Personal Directives: allowing someone to act on your behalf with respect to your health care decisions should you become incapacitated.
- Probate and Administration of Estates: assist with distribution of a deceased’s estate whether the deceased has left a will or has passed away intestate.
If your service is not listed, please call our office at (403) 476-2011 and we can confirm if we can provide the specified legal service for you.
Pricing for Wills
Single Wills/EPA/PD package = $900 plus GST
Couple wills/EPA/PD package = $1300 plus GST
Complex wills will be based on hourly rate. Enduring Power of Attorney will be $250 and Personal Directives are priced at $250.
Do I Need a Will?
We recommend you do!
If you are over the age of 18 and own assets, we recommend that you get your Will. If you pass away without a Will, you will have no control over who administers your Estate or becomes guardian to your children.
Benefits of Having a Will
- No delay: Without a will, you do not have an executor or executrix. Therefore, someone must be appointed to act as an administrator of your estate. This will take time.
- Save expense: It will cost a legal fee to appoint someone as an administrator of your estate.
- Opportunity to select guardians for your minor children: It is important to make sure that your children are in the hands of someone that you trust.
- Opportunity to select the beneficiaries that you want
You can avoid a number of potential problems if you have a will. Please plan ahead of time!
Contact our lawyers today to schedule an appointment.
Contact our Calgary Estates Lawyers
If you have any issues related to Wills and Estates law, please contact our office at (403) 476-2011 or book a consultation online to meet with our lawyers.