Effective March 1, 2018, the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) has a reconsideration process for application decisions.
Applicants can submit a reconsideration request for their application decision to be reviewed under certain conditions.
The new process allows candidates to submit a request for reconsideration if the grounds for their appeal are:
- directly related to the reason(s) stated in the decision letter; and
- demonstrate that an error was made in applying program criteria to the application.
The request for reconsideration must:
- be submitted within 30 calendar days of the date the decision letter was issued;
- be the only request of reconsideration submitted on the application;
- be submitted by the applicant named on the decision letter.
A Request for Reconsideration cannot be used:
- to ask for an exemption or exception to program criteria;
- as an opportunity to submit new evidence or re-state the evidence submitted in the application;
- if unsatisfied with the final decision or a component of the final decision;
- to request Humanitarian and Compassionate consideration.
Once a Request for Reconsideration has been submitted:
- an automated email will be sent acknowledging receipt of the request;
- a response will be issued within 30 calendar days of the date the request was received;
- the Request form will be reviewed and an email will be sent notifying the applicant if the request meets the conditions required for a review on the decision of your application;
- if the request meets the conditions required, an officer who was not involved in the original decision will conduct a review of the decision on your application.
There is no guarantee that the request for reconsideration will result in the application being re-assessed.
Please visit the AINP website for more information on a request for reconsideration, requirements and conditions: http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/programs-and-forms/AINP-Request-for-Reconsideration.aspx
Source: AINP website
- IRCC News: Government of Canada Brings Medical Inadmissibility Policy in line with Inclusivity for Persons with Disabilities
- IRCC Program Delivery Updates: Express Entry - New Police Certificate Requirements
- IRCC News: Government of Canada facilitates access to Canadian Citizenship for Minors
- IRB News: Important News For Refugee Claimants - IRB Changes How Refugee Hearings Are Scheduled
- IRCC News: New visa application Centers to open around the world to assist Travelers coming to Canada