- Use of the Shim Law's Website (including any downloadable documents, such as templates, guides and checklists, or any of the same otherwise provided to you by Shim Law which references these terms, signifies your unconditional agreement to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of use, do not access or otherwise use the Shim Law Website.
- This Agreement is entered into between you and Shim Law. This Agreement governs your use of, collectively, the Shim Law Websites and any related sites and their contents (the “Shim Law”). For greater certainty, you agree that each time you use the Shim Law Website you signify your continuing acceptance and agreement (and the continuing acceptance and agreement of any person or entity you represent) to be bound by the terms and provisions of this Agreement. You further warrant and represent to Shim Law that you have the legal authority to accept, agree to and be bound by this Agreement on behalf of yourself and any person or entity that you represent.
- The Shim Law Website is provided to you for information only. You expressly acknowledge and agree that the information contained on the Shim Law Website is only intended to be general in nature, and is not intended to provide legal advice (or any other kind of advice), nor is the same to be construed as an offer by Shim Law to sell the professional services of Shim Law to you, or to any other person or entity. As such, you further acknowledge and agree that you should seek qualified professional advice before acting (or failing to act) upon any information provided on or though the Shim Law Website.
- You agree that absolutely no solicitor-client, professional, consulting, advisory or fiduciary relationship is created, or is deemed to have been created, by this Agreement or your use of the Shim Law Website, nor as the result of any communication by you with a Shim Law lawyer or any Shim Law employee through the Shim Law Website. You further agree that the Shim Law Website may not be used by you to request legal advice, or to transmit to Shim Law any confidential information, as the same
a) may not be secure
b) may not remain confidential and/or
c) may not be protected by solicitor-client privilege. As is the case with use of the Internet and email delivery generally, you acknowledge that you should not send confidential, proprietary or other commercially sensitive information electronically unless you have first taken appropriate precautions to protect such information.
- SHIM LAW DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF THE SHIM LAW WEBSITE. THE SHIM LAW WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SHIM LAW WEBSITE, IS PROVIDED ON AN ‘AS IS’ BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, SHIM LAW MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITES OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY THE SOFTWARE USED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THE SHIM LAW WEBSITE, FOR ANY HYPERTEXT LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THE SHIM LAW WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED SITE. FURTHER SHIM LAW DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SHIM LAW DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITES OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. SHIM LAW SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE USE OF THE SHIM LAW WEBSITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTENT AND ANY ERRORS CONTAINED THEREIN. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, SHIM LAW SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SHIM LAW WEBSITE OR FOR ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SHIM LAW WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SHIM LAW OR ANY OF ITS AGENTS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
- The Shim Law Website is now, and shall at all times remain, the sole property of Shim Law. The Shim Law Website is being made available for your lawful use only. No portion of the Shim Law Website may be copied, reproduced, transmitted, modified or distributed in any way, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Shim Law, save and except that you may, for your personal, non-commercial and lawful use only, print or download Shim Law Website pages provided always that you do not in any way amend, modify or change the content and that any Shim Law or other identification, marks, notices or disclaimers remain. Your use of the Shim Law Website, or any portion thereof, shall not in any way transfer or assign to you, or be deemed to in any way transfer or assign to you, any ownership or other rights in the Shim Law Website or any portion of the content thereof. For greater certainty, Copying or storing of any content on the Shim Law Website for reproduction, redistribution or publication to third parties for commercial purposes is expressly prohibited without prior written permission of Shim Law. Shim Law, at its sole discretion, may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Shim Law Website at any time, including the availability of any Shim Law Website feature, database or content. Shim Law may also impose limits on certain features and services, or restrict your access to parts or all of the Shim Law Website, without notice or liability.
- The scraping, mining of data from, framing or mirroring of the Shim Law Website by any method is strictly prohibited. You further agree that you shall not employ or utilize, among other techniques, any collaborative browsing or display technologies relating to the use by you of the Shim Law Website, nor for purposes of posting any comments, communications, or any other information or data of any kind that may be read or accessed by any other person on or to the Shim Law Website. The Shim Law Website include certain links to other websites or resources and businesses operated by other firms, entities or individuals (“Other Website”). In that regard, you expressly acknowledge that such Other Website is owned and operated independently from Shim Law, and Shim Law has no responsibility whatsoever for, or control over, or liability for, any Other Website. The use by you of Other Website (and any business or other dealings you may have with the owners thereof) shall be conducted at your sole risk.
- In the event that you breach any provision of this Agreement then, at the sole option of Shim Law, you may no longer use the Shim Law Website.
- This Agreement, and your use of the Shim Law, and all related matters are governed solely by the laws of the Province of Alberta and federal laws of Canada applicable therein (excluding, for greater certainty, any conflict of laws rules which would lead to the application of the law of any other jurisdiction). You hereby covenant and agree with Shim Law that any dispute must be resolved before the Courts of the Province of Alberta, and you hereby irrevocably attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of those Courts.
- Shim Law may, in its sole discretion, change this Agreement from time to time, for any reason, without prior notice or liability to you or to any other person provided.
- If any provision of this Agreement is found to be void, unlawful, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severed from the rest of this Agreement, and such severance shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of this Agreement.