August 9th – The IRCC has changed some application processes and will now give an accurate time for applicants to know their permanent residence application processes.
As stated by the IRCC website:
The new projected processing times will apply to applications received on or after July 31, 2018 in these business lines:
- Sponsoring a family member
- Parents and Grandparents
- Economic Class
- Provincial Nominees (Non-Express Entry)
- Skilled Workers (Quebec)
- Start-Up Visa
- Humanitarian and compassionate cases
- It should be noted that for clients who have already applied, withdrawing an application and re-applying will not result in faster processing times:
- Any application processing already complete would become null and void and clients would have to submit a new application.
- For some types of applications, such as Express Entry and Parents and Grandparents, a client who withdraws their application runs the risk of not receiving a subsequent invitation to apply or an invitation to sponsor.